25 January 2008

A Little Something(s) To Distract Amuse You

No vest photos yet, but I have a few others to share. One of the things I've noticed about Tuck when we're in the car is that he likes to go to sleep sitting up with his head propped on something. This morning, it was the armrest on the door.

012508Tuck01

But he didn't stay there for very long. After a bit, he turned around and lay his head down on his favorite resting spot.

012508Tuck02

Much cushier than that armrest. Still, he never manages to stay sitting up the entire time. Eventually, he drifts off to sleep and, well, drifts. Downward.

012508Tuck03

You would think he would be a bit uncomfortable with his legs turned towards the seat back and his neck craned up, but that's how he likes it and I'm not one to argue the point with him.

A Little Sewing and Hooking

I've had a little side project going the past few days. My friend PJ is living in Brooklyn at the moment and is woefully ill-equipped for the cold. Of course, I've got plenty of really thick wool & alpaca yarns, but PJ's a vegan, which pretty much ruled out all natural fiber options (Yes, plant fibers are vegan, but they are totally inappropriate and inadequate for warm winter clothing). No, the irony of using environmentally-unfriendly petrochemical products to keep someone warm who wants to save the animals is not lost on me. Sometimes, though, you just have to respect one another's decisions and get on with it.

Since he spends a good bit of time outside involved in animal rights protests or doing feral cat trap/neuter/release, I decided that something thick and bulky was in order, and I decided that machine sewing polar fleece would probably get finished faster. I also decided, thanks to John, that I could knock out a bulky crochet scarf fairly quickly with Lion Brand's Jiffy Thick & Quick. The end results aren't particularly pretty (Actually, they look like ass, as far as I'm concerned. Except for the scarf, which looks like clown barf), but they are very warm and functional. The mittens are a bit large, so I may see if I can find a pair of prefab gloves in ack that he can wear inside of them.

012508PJ_accessories

And yes, I've already warned him not to get close to any open flames.

And Just Because...

...I don't think we've seen enough of him. Here's a bit more Roy Zimmerman:



And another:



And this last one, especially for Franklin:

16 comments:

EnnaVic said...

OMG - he is a bit Tom Lehrer like. Great stuff! I just flicked it off to my parents who are TL fans (so am I but I got that from them :) )

I'm so glad you shared those vids!

LizzieK8 said...

"No, the irony of using environmentally-unfriendly petrochemical products to keep someone warm who wants to save the animals is not lost on me."

I know..... :::shrug::::

knitnzu said...

I'm with Lizzie! Silk won't work, eh? I've got a question I'm gonna email you...

Laurel said...

Thank you for more RZ! And Tuck is ridiculously adorable.

Eileen said...

Tuck: a warm jacket *and* a seat belt. Lucky little guy.

Paul said...

Tuck is too adorable - I love his little blue coat!

And Roy Zimmerman is just brilliant. Thanks for the clips.

Anonymous said...

OMG Tuck is the cutest....He looks like he is loving life in his new home!

bj

Sheepish Annie said...

Comfort is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. Weird sleeping positions and a need for manmade fibers just go to show ya!

Sam said...

Wow Tuck is a real cutie! and i love that earlier pic of him in his new, custom sweater.

Anonymous said...

Just an odd thought---might Tuck's airway be clearer when his head and neck are raise/extended?

KSee said...

Tuck is so cute. Thanks for the clips.

Sydney Ran said...

I'm torn. I don't know if I think clown barf would be brighter colored or not. Maybe you need a better description, what I saw wasn't what I expected.

Molly Bee said...

Tuck is the cutest thing ever! He has the most smoochable little face! I adore your blog! There's a surprise for you over at my site!

SuperiK(uh)nits said...

OMG, Tuck is so frickin' cute. I think the general consensus concurs too. I love is vest/coat attire too. Thanks for the great comment you left on my blog. I was beginning to wonder if I really did have any readers. I will definately try your suggestions.

Bob & Phyllis said...

crawling out of lurkerdom for doggies!!

Tuck is adorable! I just want to smoosh on that face and dissolve into uggie-wuggie baby talk...

The basset gets into odd positions when he sleeps, too (we call it the broken basset look). I've wondered how he can be comfy like that. But, like Tuck, he likes his bizarre position, so who am I to argue.

Phyllis
:)

Anonymous said...

Dropping in via Yarn Harlot- had to comment on your Tuck. He reminded me so much of our Dalmatian Ben, who used to sleep with his snout on the windowsill of the van. Only problem was that there were stereo controls in the same spot, and we had to get used to channel surfing as long as he stayed in that position.