17 January 2008

Hemmed In

Or should that be "Hem, Sweet Hem"? Oh to hell with it. I've been up all night and I think I'm catching Annie's cold, so I'm in no condition to be coming up with puns - even bad ones. Suffice to say I finished the hem for the wedding vest.

011708Vest

It's a very, very small part of the finished piece, but 341 stitches of stockinette knit flat? Not all that fun. Now, though, I need to make sure all my charts are in order, cast on stitches for the front steek, and get my ass in gear. June will be here far too soon.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're behind schedule by the time the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat rolls around in May, just let me or Ted know, and we'll set up a workshop on "Project Completion" or something, whose sole objective will be to get your wedding vest finished.

David is one lucky man.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on the vest. I'd love to see it in person; maybe you'll grace us with your presence at Chicks with Sticks soon :-) We miss you!

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper!

KSee said...

Will look forward to your progress and think ahead to your special day.

Sheepish Annie said...

What can I say? I think that sharing is important. However, the nice people at my school thought that it might be a better idea if I kept my cold to myself from now on. I"m staying home. I'll knit.

But nothing as cool as that vest is going to come off my needles, that's for sure!

knitnzu said...

Glad Tuck did and is doing well. And, given how busy you are, isn't your ass always in gear?

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Really like your hem and your pun. I appreciate glad Tuck is doing well...

Liz said...

awww - ditto glad Tuck's surgery went well, ditto any progress on the vest - this is how it gets done, tiny (sometimes excruciating) bit by bit.

I keep lasting the Odwalla C monster drinks every time it looks like I might be coming down with something, and seems so far to be okay. It'd be a good idea to sleep more like a normal person, too, I guess, but we can't have everything.