23 March 2006

Where Has the Week Gone?

It's turned into a bit of a busy one. Monday was the all-day alpaca seminar, which was very good. I didn't sleep well at all the night before, though, which is not unusual for me if I'm not in my own bed. And after the seminar I had to drive 3 hours home. It took a bit longer, as I had to stop to eat, and then to pee, and then to put some gas in the car. On my way back past Northampton, I again waved to mamacate. It was too late in the evening to try to pay a visit to WEBS (also in Northampton), but someday....

Tuesday I was all tired and discombobulated from the trip, the lack of sleep, and just the general mess of having my sleep schedule all screwed up. I actually took a nap at work Tuesday night, which rarely happens even when I'm able to. Aside from being dead tired, though, I also wanted to get enough rest for Wednesday's task, which was to help my brother pick up his kids at the Manchester, NH, airport. They've been living with their mother since last summer, but she's in the Air Force and about to ship out to another assignment. It's an odd time to be moving and changing schools, but I think they're glad to be back living with their father.

Wednesday night David & I decided to have a "date night", which consisted of an Asian dinner (tempeh & snow peas in peanut sauce over rice vermicelli) and cuddling while we watched Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. It's a very funny send-up of the original 1936 propaganda film, which is also on the DVD - lots of laugh-out-loud lines and great 30's-style slang ("We got more scratch than a sandpaper factory"). I just love Ana Gasteyer.

Between all that and trying to get my sleep schedule back to "normal", I haven't managed to do any knitting or spinning now for 5 or 6 days. Tonight I brought a skein of Patons Up Country and one of Elann's Peruvian Highland Collection Wool to see about making another snail hat. The Patons Up Country has a nice hand and looks nice, so it's kind of a bummer that it's a discontinued yarn. Patons seems to have largely hitched their wagon to synthetics, though. It's sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup; a real shame about Patons. It's now owned by Spinrite (which also owns Bernat) and one imagines they see their primary competitor as being Lion Brand.

yarmando said...

You should've Gasteyer in the Chicago production of "Wicked." She was amazing.

yarmando said...

Verbs are nice. You should've seen Gasteyer as Elphaba in "Wicked."