07 March 2006

Headin' South

Busy day today. After working a 15 hour overnight shift, I get to go home and pack for a four day trip to SC to visit my grandmother, who's spent most of the past 2 weeks in the hospital with heart arrhythmias. Before I leave, though, I have an appointment with a new doctor for a checkup, then I have to catch a bus to Logan Airport in Boston. I'll be getting into Charlotte after midnight, so I've booked a hotel room for the night rather than drive the two hours to my grandparents on no sleep.

I didn't get a chance to work on TSKP overnight, as I had work and non-knitting projects taking up most of my time. I also had to knit a couple gauge swatches with a prototype yarn David's helping design. Very nice stuff, and I'll say more about it later if allowed. For now, though, it's another top secret project. TSKP will be going with me, however, so I'm expecting to have some time to work on it.

Word from my sister is that they're going to be transferring my grandmother out of the hospital to a nursing or intermediate care facility where they can do physical therapy for a month or so before sending her home. It's distressing to see my grandparents decline (she's 86 and my grandfather's 91, so I don't expect miracles, but they've always been active people), but I'm hopeful that the PT will make a difference for her, as her poor health has kept from getting around as much and she's been getting progressively weaker just from inactivity.

1 comment:

knittingboykit said...

Travel safely. I'll keep you and your grands in thoughts and prayers. Hope you get lots of productive plane and airport knitting time!