12 January 2009

Sock Yarn Mittens

011109Mittens

I made these with Plymouth Happy Feet sock yarn for my sister's girls, aged 7 and 5. The pattern, as per my usual, was made up on the fly using information gleaned from other kid's mitten patterns online and what I already know of mitten construction. The cords are 2-stitch I-cord. They were a quick and easy project, and I'm pretty sure the girls will squeal when they get them.

Also, I realized that I forgot to post photos here of the finished Japanese sweater. This sweater has gotten a fair bit of wear already, and I'm very happy with it.

122308Sweater_front

122308Sweater_back

And now it's time for bed. I've been battling a killer headache all evening without much luck. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do the trick.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the headache got slept away.

Love the mittens using the sock yarn. Reminds me of having to thread the connector through the sleeves in my jacket and not pull them out when I hung my coat in the coat closet at the back of the classroom.

Simpler times indeed.

Sheepish Annie said...

Fabulous sweater! I can see why it is seeing a lot of wear-time. And, with the temps we are looking at this week, I think that mittens and sweaters are going to be the order of the day!

KSee said...

The girls are going to love their mittens. The sweater is perfect! Oh, the sweater you made for Tuck is perfect for this time of year. Hate to go to bed with a headache. I have used ice to but over my eyes, either a mask or in a zip lock bag, with a tea towel. Even though it may not be the sinuses it sure seems to help when I next wake up.

Anonymous said...

The mittens look like fun, and the sweater is great! Bravo!

Hope the headache has gone away by now.

Anonymous said...

I had one of those killer headaches last Mon - slept the whole of Tues. I have been working a little too hard of late.

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Very nice! (the mittens and the sweater!). Hope that headache goes away... Advil, cold cloth, dark room, and sleep help when I get that bad.

Kim said...

LOVE the Happy Feet sock yarn mittens. Can I make one pair of children's mittens from one skein of this Happy Feet yarn? Thanks, kennedy444