28 April 2006

Busy As A....

When I got to work last night, I saw these behind the building next door:


If you don't recognize them or the title didn't clue you in as to what these are, then maybe this will help:


I've always thought it would be fun to keep honeybees. I loved watching them work as a kid - still do. They're just fascinating little critters all the way 'round. Of course, I also love love LOVE honey, especally the raw, straight-from-the-hive stuff. Perhaps one day, when I have a farm and a small orchard....

I felt a bit like a worker bee myself last night. It wasn't terribly busy, on the whole, but cases kept coming in steadily all night, leaving me with no time to work on seaming TSKP. The most interesting one was a dog who was shot in the course of a break-in - crazy stuff for Maine, especially as it sounded as though it was over some drug-related dispute, but the dog was very lucky and should do okay (despite the fact that she's now carrying evidence around in her leg that the police would really like to have - I decided it was safer to let her heal some before attempting surgery).

Now I've brought TSKP home and still haven't done any more seaming on it. My excuse is that I had a bunch of errands to run after I got home and was up for 24 hours before going to bed, then only slept for 6, but I think I'm going to go watch House of Flying Daggers and work on it for a while. Then it's back to bed so I can be a worker bee all over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you becoming a bee-keeper in your spare time?

Who is the favourite composer of Canadian beekeepers?

Easy. Beez-eh?

Maybe you have to be Canadian to really get that one.

I saw House of Flying Daggers a couple of years ago and thought it was amazing. Hated the ending, but the costumes were stunning.

Tallguy said...

Are those YOUR bees? Or did they just appear one day? Bees are incredibly wondrous creatures, but not easy to play with. Just respect them, and they will respect you. There is a kind of truce that way. And the honey! What a lucky guy!