07 November 2006

Vote Early & Often

I shall be casting my votes in a bit over 8 hours, before I go to work. Because we the people only works if we the people vote, I suggest you all make a point of fitting it into your day. If you've voted early, bless you. And if you're not quite sure who or what to vote for, look up your area on the Project Vote Smart website. If you're voting in Maine's state Senate District 6 (I am not - Peter Bowman gets my vote), vote for Phil Bartlett. I happen to know he's got Franklin's (and Sister Sue's) endorsement.

Barbie Shawl Update


The Barbie shawl is finished and blocking as I write this. Only one major unknitting adventure, which slowed me down by an hour or two. Since it's white yarn blocking on a white throw pillow, I didn't think photos would be particularly useful or revealing at this point. I shall take some and post them soon, though. It's enough to make me think I could even do a full-size project.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I voted! But they didn't give me an "I Voted Today" sticker...I like it when I get the sticker. Perhaps a view of the Barbie Shawl will soothe my shattered, sitckerless existence.

Anonymous said...

For an Orenburg shawl, I'd suggest working with Galina's "Design Collection" book. The rectangular palantine is lovely, and the charts are easy to follow. (Early print runs had some typos, but the motifs are so geometric that the errors are easy to spot.)

Susan said...

Hey, Mel! Thanks for the kindly endorsement! Phil sends his thanks for that, and we're happy to see that Peter Bowman won, too!