19 February 2009

New CD



In case you missed it, Ted's nephew, Chris Donnelly, recently released his first solo album. Given Ted's incredible ear for music, I figured it'd run in the family. Besides, it's also been nominated for a Juno Award (kind of like the Grammys, except in Canadia). I still went over to the website and listened to some mp3 clips before I ordered it, though.

I ordered mine from the folks at Archambault, which is usually where I go to find québecois albums I want, since they're often a bit hard to find other places. It arrived the other day, but I popped it in the CD player for the first time today when I got home from work. And now I'm going to let it serenade me to sleep. Absolutely lovely.

4 comments:

Lisa/knitnzu said...

He sounds great! I was all over purchasing it until the shipping costs were more than the cd. Or should I think that because it's canadian $$, $34 is really only like $25?

Molly Bee said...

Thanks for the heads up, Mel. I'm not a huge jazz fan, but I went over and listened to the clips and I am FAN! Gotta get me one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!
Thanks for the plug! Ted gave me the heads up. Glad you're enjoying!

All the best,

Chris

tornwordo said...

That looks like it's right up my alley. Thanks!