15 May 2007

Distraction

The shawl is now up to 15 pattern repeats - 57% of the body done - but work on it has been a bit slow for various reasons. Reason number one is that I've been trying to take advantage of the nice weather we've had the past few days to work on digging up the grass and weeds that have choked the daylily bed that is the steep slope in front of our house. We'll see if I can really get it cleaned out before it all just grows right back in again.

The second reason is that I just added an additional shift onto my work schedule. It's a 10AM-7PM Sunday shift, so only 9 hours as opposed to my usual 15, but it's generally the busiest time of the week, which means I'm on my feet the entire time. It also means getting up at 8AM, which in my little world is an ungodly hour to be getting out of bed. Still, I need to build up a fairly sizeable chunk of savings so that David and I can buy this house. The landladies are starting to look into subdividing the property, and negotiations will likely commence by years' end.

Anyway, since I don't have much else of interest, I figured I'd distract you with a cute photo. This little guy was brought into the clinic last Saturday morning. One of our techs volunteers at a wildlife refuge and offered to take him, so hopefully he'll do well.

051207Raccoon

4 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Awwwwwww....he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Awww, he's so cute. Look at those long "fingers"!

FemiKnitMafia said...

So cute!

Sheepish Annie said...

What a little cutie! He looks so calm and relaxed. You must have "the touch!" Let's just say that the Big, Fluffy Kitty and her Smaller, Less Fluffy Counterpart do not look quite so mellow at the doctor's office...