03 November 2009

Election Day!

David and I actually voted early at our town office yesterday and were encouraged to see the numbers of people coming in to cast their ballots. Then we headed over to the local No on 1 headquarters (at York Harbor Inn, for any locals who can go volunteer today - you're needed!) and put in 8 hours helping to organize things for today. David will be going back to help out today, as well, while I head back to work. They've been making good use of his organizational skills over the past few days.

In related news, the Raffle for Marriage Equality has raised $1010 so far for this campaign. If you have not donated and gotten your name in for this, there is still time to do so. I will accept any entries before midnight tonight. Even though the ads have all been run and the campaign is winding down, those donations are still very much needed to get through the last flurry of expenses. And I shouldn't have to tell you how important even $5 & $10 donations when you add them all up.

And now it's time for me to get some sleep. The two sides of this campaign are pretty much running even and it's anyone's guess as to what will happen, but I hope that today Mainers will stand up and do the right thing. If they should fail to do so, though, I've been through enough of these campaigns to know that time is always on our side. If the matter isn't put to rest this time, then there will be as many next times as we need to do so once and for all.

6 comments:

Carole Knits said...

My thoughts are with you guys today. I hope that social justice prevails!

Chris said...

*crosses fingers*

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you guys and Maine voters for a couple days. Like Chris... ::fingers crossed::

Anonymous said...

Ballot is cast and fingers are crossed! Hopefully, there won't have to be any more next times!

Nigel Pottle said...

I hope to hear good news from you after the election is finished. I have my fingers crossed, which doesn't help much but does ease the tension.
Nigel

Sheepish Annie said...

I marked my ballot this afternoon and am "patiently" waiting for results. You're right, though. Time will fix whatever might get screwed up. However, I'd like to think we'll get it right without the extra help!

::fingers crossed...toes, too!: