- I've decided that my lawn has a certain mythic quality, mostly because it sprang forth fully formed, like Athena from Zeus's head. We're barely past frost and it was already over a foot high in places and in bloom when I mowed on Sunday.
- I have tiny little seedlings sprouting in my garden beds. This makes me very happy. At some point I'll take photos.
- This evening, David and I drove down to Massachusetts and had South Indian food with my cousin George, whom I hadn't seen in far, far too long.
- If you don't know whether or not you've ever had South Indian food, it's likely that you haven't. Which is a pity, really.
- Upon leaving the restaurant (Mysore Veggie in Lowell, MA - I definitely recommend it), we saw a rather large possum skirting the perimeter of a nearby building.
- On Friday, David and I will be heading to the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat organized by Ted and Joe. I'm pretty sure I'm really going to need it.
- One of my girl kitties, Dolores, who has been living with my folks, is very ill and has been hospitalized at the clinic since Saturday.
- She had the name long before Franklin's infamous ovine roommate came on the scene. Please note, however, that both of them are spelled D-O-L-O-R-E-S, not D-E-L-O-R-E-S. It matters.
- My Dolores has two masses in her liver. While I am holding onto the slim hope that the pathology will come back as abscess, the cells I saw from the aspirate suggest otherwise. Given my track record with pets and cancer, I expect the pathologist will likely concur.
- Did I mention I'm really going to need this retreat?
15 May 2008
Now with Bullets!
I realize I haven't been as diligent in posting as I'd like to be lately, but there's been quite a lot going on - not all of it good stuff. In the interest of catching up, I'm going with Annie's preferred Wednesday night format.