26 May 2008

Cummington

Yesterday morning, after working all night and then driving an hour home, David & I hopped in the car and made the nearly 3½ hour drive to Cummington, Massachusetts, for the Mass. Sheep & Woolcraft Fair. I managed to nap for about two of those hours since, as you might imagine, I was in no condition to be driving.

After we got to the fairgrounds, all I managed to snap photos of was this handsome fellow:

052408Ram02

Otherwise, we made the rounds of all the vendors while David made sure that I didn't add to my already-straining-at-the-seams stash (though I was so very tempted by a couple skeins of laceweight cashmere in gorgeous man colors). And we visited with the usual knitblogger crowd whose company I very much enjoy, but not nearly often enough. There's definitely something to be said, though, for spending time with people you'd rather just spend time with than photograph.

Then too soon it was time to turn around and make the long drive back. And once again I slept.

Sunday in the Garden

Today was devoted to outdoors. Tuck and I started the day with a trip to a nearby garden center, where we got a couple of tomato plants for the garden (Brandywine & Roma), and an assortment of herbs for the front flower beds. David put together a brazier that the Landladies gave us for Christmas, and this evening we had a little cookout for two.

And now I need to see how close I can get to finishing kilt hose #1 before I fall asleep. I'm just a few rounds short of starting the toe decreases, but I don't think I can stay awake long enough to finish it off.

8 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It was terrific to see you and David!

knitnzu said...

Maybe my mind is just in the gutter, but there is something just a bit raunchy about the town name 'Cummington'. Love the brandywines! We've been growing some other tomatoes, those for shorter seasons since we get crappy sun. DH is telling me purple passion is one this year, no idea how it will be. (I fall asleep knitting too).

Laurie said...

It was good to see you! I can't imagine knitting anything with small amts of interrupted sleep.

Chris said...

Y'all are lucky to have so many great fiber festivals relatively nearby.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you on Saturday albeit much too short. The sock is lovely!

Cheryl said...

It was good to see you, as usual. I'm glad you guys could make it down.

Cassie said...

It was great to get to meet you, and I'm with you 100% on being with rather than photographing friends. Well said.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry I missed seeing you there. Yes, that ram was lovely, as was the black merino ram with a white spot on his head who was in one of the barns. I got pictures of them both, plus a few cute lambs and bunnies. Yay for Cummington!