01 May 2008

Gimme That Buckled-Down Look



With 53.9% of the 152 votes cast, the buckle shoe is the clear crowd favorite. It's also the one David and I agreed on. In fact, I ordered it because it immediately made me say, "Oooh!" Honestly, I love all three of these styles, but (in my best Sean Connery) there can be only one*.

Um, yeah...anyway, the other two pairs will be headed back to the store soon, though there may be a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth over seeing them go.

No pulling of the hair, though. That's going away well enough of its own accord.



*I did not know until I just read it on IMDB, but the big scary guy who plays the Kurgan in "Highlander" also does the voice of Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants. The things you learn.

9 comments:

Auntie Mame said...

<"*I did not know until I just read it on IMDB, but the big scary guy who plays the Kurgan in "Highlander" also does the voice of Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants. The things you learn.">

Clancy Brown - Yummy!

Carole Knits said...

Most excellent choice.

Unknown said...

I'll say it again...both you and David are lucky guys.

I'm picturing you in full-kilt boogie with those shoes topping it all off (bottoming it all off didn't sound quite right).

FiberQat said...

Excellent! The others just didn't quite cut it.

Now to have a claymore to swing around.

Anonymous said...

Oh, keep the edgy slip on ones -- they will look great with jeans.

knitnzu said...

Wicked good choice! I think they'll be good w/ jeans too afterwards. I watched some bad highlander movie last week. No Christopher Lambert, some other guy. BUT in the previews, they went on about a remake of #2 that I might have to look for. (oh, and I guess the whole there can be only one thing was nicely tied up in the one I saw recently)

Sheepish Annie said...

Yay for buckles!!!! Love those...

I guess I can hear Kurgan in Mr. Krabs' voice now that you mention it. I wasn't a big Highlander fan, for the most part so I guess I missed it. Hmmmm...

Sydney Ran said...

I was positive that The Highlander was played by Liam Neeson, a huge chunk of my childhood was based on this belief and a total jerkwad crushed it with a link to IMDB about 2 months ago. Devastating news, I tell you. Luckily, I have ultimate powers of denial. Beck's song is still saying "Soooooore from head to toe!" instead of "Soooooooy un perdedor" and The TRUE ONE AND ONLY Highlander will always be Liam Neeson.

The Other Andrew said...

Shoes, nice choice. Kilts, even better choice!

Just remember, pics or it didn't happen.