01 February 2012

Startitis Lopapeysum

020112Plötulopi

I decided that I needed some quick-ish gratification, so after a bit of swatching and some calculating over the past few nights, I cast on this evening for a new lopapeysu made með tvöfaldum plötulopa að ofan I'd been trying to decide what to do with for months. That it was going to become a sweater for me was never in question, but I hadn't decided on the form.

Truth be told, I'm not entirely certain even now about all the fine details, but I have design inspiration and a motif I've been wanting to use for a while. And, I hope, enough wool to pull it off.

3 comments:

kmkat said...

Love that red!

kmkat said...

The 1/25/12 post on the Knitty blog had a link to software to design your own Icelandic sweater. I thought you might find that interesting.
http://knittingpatterns.is/

Tallguy said...

I have some of that is a deeper red, I think, that is intended to someday become a sweater for me too. Are you using it as a single, or as a multi-strand? And you need to use a light tension on them, did you notice? haha