01 July 2006

Much Awaited

When I got home from work this morning, David's first words to me were, "Get your camera. It's a girl." So Madelyn waited for 354 days, then popped her baby out in the 15 minutes that nobody was watching her. That woke me up enough to drive another hour to the farm, where I took photos (naturally). So here are my favorite three:

070106Maddys_baby

070106Maddys_baby02

070106Maddys_baby03

No name, as yet, but she seems to be very healthy (an enormous 22#/10kg!) & was nursing very well. Right now I'm too tired to stay awake, let alone think. Any suggestions (people names, please)?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky guys, could she be any cuter?
How about Monique?

Unknown said...

Okay, this could be the wine talking, but am I completely off-base that she looks like an Eleanor? She's so self-posessed and...REGAL. Look at the eye in that first picture. Yikes.

Congratulations Madelyn, Mel, David, and stud number 573 (or whomever). She's a beaut. Can't wait till you have enough of her fiber in stash that you'll be ready to share. Okay, maybe...

Susan said...

Beautiful! So sweet! I like the Eleanor suggestion, but I immediately thought Meredith. Don't ask me why...

Unknown said...

She is incredibly cute! What a gorgeous little face. She looks like a Katie-Jean to me - cute, sassy, and full of surprises.

FiberQat said...

How about Delilah for her seductive eyes and beautiful hair?

Congratulations 'Paca Daddies!