15 April 2006

Friday Night Social

Thursday night at work was non-stop until about 2AM, then settled down until 5AM, when it started back up again. It was good to get home and go to bed. I woke up at about 6PM to David telling me that we were going over to the boathouse where Wendy, one of our landladies, has her art studio. We had Mexican food, a few alcoholic beverages, and a belated birthday apple pie for me.

After David went to bed and I did a bit of cleaning up, I decided to do a bit of work on this vest that I'd started then set aside for a few months:


The yarn is Harrisville's Flax & Wool. The plan is to work a traditional Fair Isle design across the chest in their Orchid yarn, which I have in black, and then work a shallow V-neck. At this point the plan for the neck, at least, is a bit tentative, but I figure I've got several more inches of stockinette to get through before I have to think too hard about it again.

During my little break at work last night, I was able to make a bit more progress on TSKP and even did a little bit of seaming. Only 18 days to go!

No comments: