29 October 2007

29 Hours

102807Tolo_Cougar

That's all it took before play finally commenced. To be sure, it was a bit tentative at first - a little growling when someone got a little outside their comfort zone - but now that we're past the 48 hour mark, they're definitely enjoying hanging together. About an hour ago, Tolo went tearing out of David's office, where they both were, into the living room. After a minute or so of sitting on the stairs and watching for Cougar to follow him, he went back into David's office to find his new buddy, and then tore back out to the living room again, where Cougar soon followed.

Koolhaas

If you don't follow Jared's blog or haven't seen the IK Holiday Gifts issue yet, then you may possibly have missed this excellent hat. On Saturday at Rhinebeck, I had a woman come by our booth asking specifically if any of our yarns would work for it. Alpaca with a Twist Highlander is certainly the right weight for it, but I had a feeling that the tweedy look of it might dilute the stitch definition and she walked away empty-handed.

On Sunday, Jared himself actually wandered through our booth, and I might have put him on the spot and asked him his opinion, except I was busy with someone else and didn't get a chance to say hi before he'd wandered off. So I've decided I should probably figure out for myself how it looks and will be casting on tonight. I also figure it'll be a fun practice run while I wait for my Shokay Shambala yarn to arrive.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Look at those two! It's like they've been together forever...

How did you do it???? My two have been together for 7 years now and the hatred just flows like it was the very first day. I did everything one should do when introducing old pet to new pet. It just didn't work.

They say that daughters are harder to raise than sons...

Anonymous said...

It is so easy to make friends when you are young!

knitnzu said...

Tolo was probably just trying to get over his shock at thinking aliens must've landed (Cougar's cone). That is a MOST excellent hat!