15 September 2008

The Panopticon Comes to Common Cod

On Friday, I somewhat reluctantly left David at home and made a special trip down to Boston for the inaugural meeting of the Common Cod Fiber Guild. I didn't go to join, as my schedule makes it hard for me to get down to the city, but they had a very special guest I couldn't miss a chance to see, especially as he was so close by and I happened to have the night off.

I took very few photos of the event, but it was really wonderful - both to see so many people I know and to hear Franklin's talk, which was every bit as entertaining as one might expect. Here's the author just before he began. It's not a very good quality photo, but I like the graphic aspects of it.

091208Franklin

And this one is for Rabbitch, as requested:

091208Smooch

Aside from enjoying the company of some wonderful people, the highlight of the evening for me was getting to hold the christening shawl. It's every bit as exquisite as it looks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cutie!

that goes for BOTH of you!

Anonymous said...

He really is a sweetie, isn't he? I loved spending time with him in St. Paul last spring.

Scoutj said...

Are you seriously that much taller than him!?

Chris said...

Love that last picture! Hee hee.

Molly Bee said...

Awwww! Rabbitch's photo is priceless! What a couple of cuties!

knitnzu said...

He looks happy!

Sheepish Annie said...

You do wicked cool stuff! I never go to Boston to kiss famous knitter/author/photographers on the head.

I really should get out more...

Anonymous said...

Awwww, man! How did I miss this? You were here in town, too???? What mailing list did I miss was this on? All this fun only a couple of miles from my home. Damn! Looks like so much fun.

Linda said...

Are you going to have your lips bronzed?

I'm just sayin'... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm- bet David was amused at you making a dash to Boston without him!!!
Glad you had fun & was restraint in not stealing the shawl

Alwen said...

Ha! Love that photo!