28 July 2008

Somnolent Fiber Humor: An Allegory of Sorts

So I woke up this morning from one of my characteristically bizarre dreams. In this one, I was sort of an observer in the middle of a sitcom. As a teenager, I had a recurring dream where I was an observer in the Brady Bunch household, so there is a precedent.

Anyway, one of the characters was this really ditzy but beautiful woman with long, silky, lustrous black hair. At one point, one of the other characters called her by name; she was named Rayon. Initially it struck me as a really odd name choice, but then I thought, "Oh, I get it. She has no memory."

And then I woke up.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I wish I had such wonderful bad puns in my dreams.

Sheepish Annie said...

And I thought my zombie dreams were scary...

Molly Bee said...

Boo Hiss! Thank Goodness you woke up! :-)

Anonymous said...

You have a very strange subconscience :-)

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Oh jeez, that was a good one! Dream puns - first I've heard of it.

Love This Space said...

Ha! Subconscious wittiness! I love it. I've had a couple dreams that cracked me up when I woke up.

knitnzu said...

Hahahaha! My most recent fiber dream was a while ago, where Franklin (who was shopping for a watch) and I discussed the merits of watches with a face (time is spatial and circular) versus digital (linear time), and when I got up to leave because his housemate wanted us all out, I checked the couch for my stuff (did I drop a needle?) and underneath were rows and rows of neatly folded latvian style socks that had the most marvelous aroma of lanolin. I told him about this at the time, hope he doesn't think I'm a dream stalker or something. Just have odd dreams.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I'm SO not going to touch this one. :) I wonder if she pills with friction?
But, yeah, I've had similar sitcom dreams once in a while.

FiberQat said...

That would be the perfect name for a tall beautiful but no-brained woman. One of those that would be running from the bad guys and crying, "Help me, Magnum!"

Jennie said...

OMG, you made me snort at work!

sheep#100 said...

::snort::