I suppose this is all a very roundabout way of explaining why I've been making slow progress at going through the wedding & honeymoon photos. I do now have a Flickr set from the wedding. though not all of the photos have captions yet. Pics from Nova Scotia yet to follow.
Speaking of the wedding, though, let's talk about...
Juno recently sent out a call for cake recipes and my hospital manager has been bugging me for the recipe for the wedding cake, so
I suppose I have to share. The recipe is actually just a minor variation on cold oven pound cake, which is an old family favorite. You can follow the recipe at the link with the following notes and modifications:
- Use cake flour, if possible, as it will give the cake a somewhat finer crumb. Make sure to sift before measuring.
- Sift two teaspoons of baking powder together with the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grease two 9" cake pans, line the bottoms with parchment or wax paper and flour the sides.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until center is done. Cool for about ten minutes before turning the layers out onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Ice as desired. If you go by the original recipe and bake it in a bundt pan, a simple lemon juice & confectioner's sugar glaze is really tasty.
- Try not to think about what this does to your cholesterol levels.