25 December 2007

Merry Xmas, Everyone!

It's been an appropriately festive holiday already chez tête-de-laine. I went to breakfast at Becky's with Franklin, Sue and Sue's husband Phil for the second Christmas Eve in a row, which I think makes it a tradition. I managed one surreptitious cell phone pic of the dashing and famous blogger and soon-to-be-famous author.

122407Franklin

The Habits and Bartletts really are some wonderful folk and good company, and despite the fact that I was likely babbling incoherently after having worked all night, they still treated me like I was in full possession of my faculties and not drooling all over myself. Or maybe Abigail's just desensitized them to saliva.

I had to take what turned out to be a fairly long nap at the clinic before I was safely rested to drive the hour home, and then David and I had dinner reservations at an Italian restaurant in Portsmouth. Afterwards we came home to a lovely spread of hors d'oeuvres David had prepared beforehand (and which we were too stuffed to eat very much of), I made some hot chocolate, and we opened presents while carols played on the stereo and the kitties played in the wrapping paper. In amongst our gifts to each other was a nice little handknit gift bag from James full of wonderful little souvenirs from New Zealand. I don't have a photo of my own, but you can see Joe's in this post.

Today we are off to my parents' house for Christmas dinner with the family, which is pretty much always a raucous time. And in that spirit, I offer you all this little bit of holiday cheer.




Happy Holidays, y'all!

6 comments:

Paul said...

Happy Holidays, Mel & David! Enjoy the day!

knitnzu said...

Oh, I think they all were totally entertained by you not in possession of your full faculties, and perhaps even a bit of drool?? Funny to see Captian Kirk there in that bad tux. My date in 1978 wore one like it, but in green. UGH!

FiberQat said...

Happy Holidays to you both of you and your four-footed (hooved) fambly. Love, Duffy

Sheepish Annie said...

One of my all-time favorite SNL moments! Merry Christmas, Mel. Hope that the day has been a good one for all and that Santa was very, very generous!

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Whoa! Franklin's hot.

Cinderellen said...

Just popped over from Franklin's blog - I think the picture you sneaked of him is excellent. It's fun to see him from an angle he did not choose!