31 December 2009

A Last Hurrah

Last night, David and I were sitting upstairs watching a bit of TV (courtesy of Netflix) when I heard a jingle and a crash. Cougar was downstairs, so I pretty much knew what had happened. Camera in hand, I ventured downstairs to confirm my suspicions. This is the sight that awaited me at the bottom of the stairs.

122909Tree02

122909Tree01

122909Tree03

The monkeys are now all in a bag and the tree is very nearly bare. I guess Christmas is over.

In Other News

I finished the Stone Soup Kitchen Sink Sleestak mittens tonight in between patients.

123009Mittens

They were supposed to be framing Tuck, but as soon as I knelt down he decided he needed to come see me. I'm thinking they'll come in handy with the storm coming this weekend, though they've downgraded expectations a bit over the past couple of days.

13 comments:

Yarndude said...

Oh no, those poor monkeys! Love the mitts.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, a monkey massacre!

Honestly, I'm surprised those monkeys lasted this long with kitties in the house.

Chris said...

Monkey carnage! News at 11...

Happy New Year to you and David and the furkids!

Anonymous said...

Scary monkey scene but it looks kinda funny too. Nice mittens. Don't think I've seen ones with the index finger separate.

Liz said...

thanks for the pics of the tree carnage - hee hee. Mittens well-named and look great! (and now I won't be able to look at that pattern again without thinking "sleestak" - way better than "rifle-shooting")

JelliDonut said...

I LOVE that monkey tree! The mittens ain't half bad either!

Java said...

Those are nifty mittens. Thanks, also, for the monkey carnage report. That's a hoot.

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Cougars are hunters after all... and the mittens look great! (they fit me pretty well....hmmmm)

willyg said...

I can't look! It's all so sad!

I just was talking to a patient at work who wears mittens, and because of you I knew what she was talking about! I checked my fortune cookie, and it said your mitts are destined to be the new hot item of 2010.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhgggg! It's raining dead monkeys at Mel's house! Run for your lives!

Carol said...

How's Tuck feeling?

Michelle M. said...

Yay "M"! Monkeys, mittens and Mel.

Happy New Year!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Aw! Poor Donkey/Diddy/Dixie/Kiddie/Cranky/Funky/Candy/Wrinkly/Swanky/Lanky/Tiny/Chunky Kong! That fall must of hurt a tad!