12 May 2009

Döggi Långstrump

So, a bit of background first:

At the clinic where I work, there are two full-time day doctors, Doug and Sara. They're both foreigners - Doug is Canadian (and didn't see anything wrong the first time he saw this), while Sara is Swedish (and hadn't seen this until I showed her). They also have a mostly friendly rivalry that is ongoing and whose origins have been lost in the mists of time, but which mostly consists of sabotaging each other's desks.

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, Doug shaved a ginormous mat off of a cat's back and left it on Sara's desk. Yesterday, Sara and one of the daytime techs decided to affix bits of this matted fur to a printed photo of Doug's head (which is, in fact, rather devoid of fur) and take pics of it to put up as the desktop wallpaper on all of the computer terminals. And being Swedish, Sara decided to make one of the photos look rather Pippi Longstocking-ish.

I thought that was such a good idea that I took another Pippi-esque photo of the head and went online to find some Pippi images to attach it to. Because we don't have Photoshop here, I used the open source program GIMP. The look of the program is similar to Photoshop and it can perform a lot of the same functions, but it's different enough that there's still a bit of a learning curve. Still, I managed fairly well for a rank amateur - at least for comedic effect. See if you agree.

Pippi01

Pippi02

Pippi03

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to work where you work!

btw, my verification word is the quasi-Swedish "rimpa". How did you do that?

Sheepish Annie said...

Well done! I had Gimp on my old PC but haven't tried it on the Mac yet. Now I miss it terribly...

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Yes, very good! And that dancing, whoa, what a hoot!

Sara said...

wowza - awesome re the fur play, the youtube link? just wow.

Luuworld said...

sara and doug sound like fun people! humor and fun at work is great. too bad the pix have disappeared from your blog! :(

FiberQat said...

**snork!!**