25 January 2009

It's Not All Bad

012409SLC_skyline

When there isn't this whole inversion/fog/rain thing going on, I understand that Salt Lake City has some really lovely views of the mountains. Actually, the above really blurry cell phone pic was of those very mountains (if you embiggen, you can sort of see them in the background, but it's really a crap photo). The fog lifted today and they were really very pretty - all moody with their heads in the clouds. I actually can see why people would want to live here, though it's way too far from the ocean for my taste.

And then there are some decent folks here, as well. We had dinner this evening with Margene and Smith, who are just wonderful people and really good dinner company. Margene and I almost met a couple of years ago at Rhinebeck, but someone (*cough* Norma *cough*) failed to introduce us when she stopped by our booth. No matter, a great time was had by all, and I look forward to coming back and getting to see them again.

Tomorrow is the last day of the show, and then we're headed up to Park City for a couple of nights before we head home. Sundance ends tomorrow evening, so maybe we'll get there in time to catch some straggler celebrities. If not, the motel we're staying at has an indoor hot tub, so we have high hopes for that, if nothing else. And maybe I'll manage to get a decent photo of the mountains before we get out of here.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It's a shame the inversion is happening while you're there. I'm so glad you got to have dinner with Margene and Smith. They are wonderful, I agree.

margene said...

It was a fun dinner with good people all around the table! At least you caught a peak of the mountains. Hope Park City is good to you. I know you'll have fun.

Anonymous said...

Where'd ya eat? Where'd ya eat? I have such fond memories of my trip to SLC last year....