14 June 2007

Washed & Blocked

061307Finished_shawl

Pattern: My own design, traditional Shetland stitch patterns
Yarn: Merino Lace from Knitivity
Colorway: Grape Ice
Needles: Addi Turbo circular, 3.25mm x 80cm


And a Big Doh!

With all the buzz lately about Ravelry, I was pretty sure I had put my name on the waiting list, but my memory being what it is, I got to thinking that I should see if I could find anything in my e-mail about it. I found something all right. Turns out Stitchy had sent me an invite to sign up over a month ago, which I had stupidly set aside until later and then, predictably, forgotten all about. Thanks, Stitchy!

So now I'm signed up, and can see myself wasting a lot of time playing around on the site. And taking photos of all my stash (Well, maybe not all). One funny thing, though. On the map feature, where people's locations are marked by red pins on a Google map, Brenda Dayne's pin is actually stuck in Richmond, Maine, which is not even remotely close to Wales. Wonder how that algorithm got messed up.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shawl blocked out so nicely! Again I say, it's gorgeous.

I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invitation :-(

yarnslinger said...

Mel, that is just gorgeous...don't you just love working with Ray's lace weight? I am plodding along on my first shawl and am in love with the feel of the yarn.

Melissa

Carol said...

Ravelry is great. Inspirational -- not to mention a huge time-sucking vampire. In a good way. I'll look for you there.

Shawl is really, truly gorgeous. You are justifiably proud.

Anonymous said...

That shawl is beautiful! Well done!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful and I'm sure Carol will treasure it.
Aunt Fran

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, lovely shawl! Good work.

I agree with you that Ravelry is a good thing. I don't have enough time in this life to add all my stash, but my projects are going in one at a time.

Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Debbie said...

Your shawl is gorgeous. I love the design and the color. You did a really fine job.

FemiKnitMafia said...

it's stunning! well done.
now i have to go investigate this map option in ravelry. sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl, amazing work!

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow...Oh Wow!!! That is just amazing. Nice job!

knitnzu said...

Congratulations! (about the shawl, it is really beautiful) and Congratulations! (about the blog thing-way cool!) and Congratulations! about the Ravelry invite (I'm on but haven't had time to do much).

hizKNITS said...

So gorgeous, that shawl!

My ravelry strategy is to add types of yarn (sock, baby) and recent purchases. I'm still slowly cataloguing select finished items. Are weekends for Ravelry or knitting?

Carol said...

This is Carol, recipient of the beautiful prayer shawl. It is even lovelier than it appears in the photo. I just stumbled upon this portion of Mel's blog.
Hope to see some of you in Maine in a couple of weeks.
And thanks, Mel for giving the Haiti well project some much needed free publicity!
Love, Carol