Elemmaciltur tagged me for this meme. I'd actually been contemplating what I might write since I first saw this one making the rounds. Most of these are already in my "100 things" post, and narrowing them down was a bit of a challenge. It's kind of hard for me to say what's weird when it's my normal, so I guess I'd tend to consider these quirky or unusual, rather than weird. Except for #4. That one I just don't get.
1) When I eat M&M's, I sort them out by color and eat them in an orderly fashion - either all of one color or one of each color in sequence. If I have more of one color, I'll eat the extras first so that I have the same number of each. This extends in some form to many other foods - saving the good stuff (tofu, paneer, etc.) out of a dish to eat last, like eating the cake first and then the frosting.
2) I have more hair on the left side of my chest than the right, thanks to a Becker's nevus. The dermatologists who diagnosed it almost wet their pants, they were so excited. And no, I will not post photos.
3) I have fairly long toes and can, and frequently do, use them to pick things up.
4) Foot fetishists love my feet. Again, I will not post photos.
5) When I was 12, my brother knocked out one of my lower incisors while wrestling on Christmas Eve (long-ish story, but it boils down to one of those times when being the oldest sucks). It was over 19 years and a few surgeries later before I had an implant to replace it. I still rarely smile enough that my teeth show.
6) Despite my fair complexion and blue eyes, I have had a number of people ask if I am of mixed race. Aside from one Seminole ancestor 5 or 6 generations back, I am not aware of any mixing, but since most of my ancestors lived in southern states and a lot of those genealogies are vague beyond a few generations back, I suppose anything's possible. Besides, if I am a racial mutt, that puts me in a group with people like hottie Wentworth Miller (and, of course, our own Franklin and Sister Sue), and how could that be a bad thing?
I'm not going to tag anyone, because I'm not really good at that and because a lot of the blogs I read have already done this one. Trying to decide what to classify as "weird" was an interesting process for me, though, so if you haven't done it, you might enjoy it.
Note: Because some asswipe has decided to start posting spam comments to this blog, I'll be moderating comments from here on. I recommend that all of you go to this person's blogs here & here and flag them (upper right of the page) for objectionable content. This sends an alert to Blogger and will hopefully result in their being deleted. Doesn't keep them from coming back, I know, but why make it easy for them?