14 December 2006

Foul Language

The other day, David was sitting at his desk reading e-mail when he suddenly burst out laughing. "My mother actually wrote the word 'fart'," he said, by way of explanation.

"And yet she can't say or write my name," I responded. "Of course, one of those is a dirty word, and the other is a bodily function."

And we're planning on spending a night with his folks on our Midwest trip - it should be very interesting. At least there's a motel right next door.

FO! Well, almost.

Only seven more rounds to go on sock #2, pair #2, but I figured I've been bildfrei long enough. The photo doesn't really render the colors well enough to make out how different this colorway is from the previous pair. It's much more purple in real life, compared to much more brown in the first pair. I think it will meet my niece's criterion of primary importance, though, which is "not too girly".

121406Socks

5 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Now I'm curious about your name. ;-p

Sheepish Annie said...

Gotta love it when "the mom" is so very much on-board with a relationship... Should be a fun visit! Hang in there! It will be over before you know it. And I firmly believe that we earn cosmic points for not taking the bait when others can't play nice.

Love the socks. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Okay, those socks are stylin'.

I really need to do socks after Christmas. Tonight I just finished a watch cap for my dad, and I'm two inches into the first mitten of a pair (felted) for my sister. I don't think I'll get it done by Christmas, though.

Anonymous said...

So in some archaic long-lost-to-us language, Mel is a dirty word? Well, damn.

I hope it's at the very least an interesting dirty word :-)

Hang in there, sweetie. Doesn't sound like a barrel of laughs...but it'll be over soon.

What is that pedal thing you got, by the way? My...uh...lower half...it is in need of serious work, and Montréal is not so conducive to a nice walk in the 40 below zero weather in January.

Anonymous said...

Yup, not too girly. So sad for your mother outlaw. Here's hoping your shining self will melt her small heart. The midwest is such a scary place...(shiver)...