03 November 2006

A Nightmare on Haley Rd.

Anyone remember this incipient vest? The Harrisville Flax Wool affair I started the better part of a year ago, then frogged, then restarted way back in June? Well, progress has been slow - very slow - but I've been trying to pick it up and do a few rounds here and there while we're watching movies. And I was doing okay with it, getting ever closer to dividing for the armholes.

Until a few nights ago, that is. While we were watching Freddy Krueger devour an impossibly young and adorable Johnny Depp, I was happily knitting away and then looked down to notice....

110306Sweater_horror

Shit.

I would have sworn they were from the same lot, but the ball bands are long gone, and anyway it's obviously a moot question.

Frogging time, yet again.

8 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Yikes! The dye lot differences don't generally show up quite so well in a photograph. That is, um... "distinct." It is at this point where I generally shriek like there's been a murder, scare the cats and go knit a dishcloth.

And eat chocolate...

Julie said...

OH MY! I think perhaps the vest is not meant to be. I had that happen to me recently with a black sweater I was knitting. How is it that we don't notice the difference until we've knit quite a bit?

Cheryl said...

Yeah, that's gotta be frogged. Maybe this yarn doesn't want to be a vest. . .

Sean said...

OH, CRAP! There's little to do to fix this kind of problem. You can save the project by going back to the beginning and alternating rows from darker ball, lighter ball, darker ball, etc. But who the hell wants to start over for a 3rd time.

FemiKnitMafia said...

I can't believe that was Johnny Depp. How hilarious! Good luck at the frog pond. argh.

Christine said...

crap!

Sean said...

Poor Johnny--so young, so beautiful, and not able to fend off sleep and survive the movie.

And poor you, having to frog again! Hang in there.

Ted said...

Um....that's a PITA that it.

Been there, done that; you have my sympathies.