I made a provisional cast on for the second sock tonight and did a few rounds, but my wrists are complaining a bit, so I decided to leave it at that for tonight and focus instead on combing up more of the Posey fleece. My Louët mini combs have really come in handy with this particular project, as they've allowed me to turn this (note: This is a relatively cleaner bit):
into this (I know it's blurry. I blame Lee Ann
and ultimately into this:
With a lot of this left over:
I believe the waste is about 40% of the total, which is quite a bit. It's not a fleece I would have chosen if I'd had the option, but seeing as it's a labor of love, I keep plugging away at it. The final yarn is actually quite nice and not overly scratchy. Dyes arrived today from Halcyon, so now I just have to decide which I want to use on this yarn. I'm hoping to be able to haul out the dyepots this weekend and see what I can do with it.