03 February 2011

Snow Days

I seem to have lost my blogging voice of late, or maybe I've just got too little worth saying. There has definitely been a bit too much dull regularity around here of late. And everyone already knows we've had a lot of this:

02-02-11_1120

That photo was taken at the home of my friends Shawn & Chris. I stayed with them Tuesday night in anticipation of the latest storm, since they live much, much closer to my workplace than I do. As it turned out, the storm wasn't quite as dire as predicted and I likely could have gone home. Since I don't see my friends nearly often enough, though, it was nice to have the chance to catch up a little bit.

Meanwhile, I noticed the night before that that the sweater Tuck was wearing had chafed him pretty badly on one of his legs, and since I was already planning not to head home and didn't have an alternative for him to wear, I figured I need to knit him up a new, non-chafing sweater toute de suite. Fortunately, I had some Berkshire Bulky from Webs that I'd gotten to try out a pattern idea and decided I could spare a ball to keep him warm. In the end, I needed just a smidge more than one ball to finish, but the end product certainly works well.

020211New_Sweater

He was so sleepy, it was all he could do to hold his head up. Clearly, being a model is hard work.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Aww, poor Tuck! So overworked. :)

JelliDonut said...

The new sweater goes so well with Tuck's bedding. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

The turtleneck is especially adorable on a neckless dog -- love it!

Alwen said...

Bulldog muscle sweater!

tornwordo said...

I can't believe you whipped that up in an evening!

Tiger Tsuki said...

Such a cutie pie!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Being gorg requires 110% of someone's attention. Very tiring.

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Well, even though it's hard work, he's surely working it!

I've been thinking about the blogging thing... how we (people in general, but me too) spend more and more time being "connected" online leaving less and less time to actually do things or be with other people. So, either I catch up in facebook or ravelry or my feed aggregator or my blog, but rarely all of them.

Because I still want to do things and see people!

Bob & Phyllis said...

very nice sweater (and OMG WOW fast knitting!).

But SQUEEEEEE!!! and SNORGLES!!! for that cute smooshy Tuck face!
*sigh* Happy Monday now.

Phyllis
:)

Kyle Kunnecke said...

I love Tuck - and the sweater is wonderful :)

Michelle M. said...

Even half asleep, Tuck is working that sweater.
Adorable!