- I don't think I mentioned the Easter card David's parents sent us.
- It contained a photocopy of the first chapter of Romans, you can read the highlighted verses here.
- His mother also wrote a little note saying that our wedding would be "like a funeral" to them.
- We felt very loved. Um, wait, no...the other thing.
- She called this afternoon. David didn't answer. She left a very cheery message on the machine, though (no, srsly, like she hadn't practically called us devil spawn a few weeks ago). She and David's father will be en route to Washington State soon for David's older nephew's confirmation.
- I suggested we send the boy a copy of the Tao Te Ching or the Dhammapada to mark the occasion. David suggested The Gay Guide to the USA
- Apparently, the boy takes after his Uncle David more than anyone cares to admit.
- *sigh* It's rather a bit frustrating.
- Also today, I stopped on the way home to vaccinate a few puppies, then came home and vaccinated a few juvenile alpacas, and then had to do surgery on one of the ducks. The old male goose pecked her eye out, and I had to remove it the rest of the way. There are no photos.
- You're welcome.
- As you might imagine, this meant that I did not get much sleep.
- On a cheerier note, one of my clumps of species tulips opened today. I shall try to get a photo before they wilt.
- I also opened most of the storm windows in the upstairs today. It's getting warm.
- It may sound trite, but I love spring.
- For dinner, we had leftover peanut curried tofu and veggies. We also watched another bad karate flick.
- In the past year, I've taken 5 days off (none of them, I don't think, just to be idle and rest) but worked an extra 15 or 16 shifts. I really need a vacation.
- I expect Steph will also be mentioning this, but I'm willing to bet she's sleeping just about now, so I'm going to tell you first that today is Juno's birthday. Juno is one of those people I always enjoy being around, and she's a hell of a good Scrabble player (I'm pretty sure I won't recover from "monoacid".)
- I'm pretty sure there was something else, mostly because there's always something else, but
it's tired and I'm lateI need some sleep. G'night, all.
17 April 2008
I am so totally stealing this from Annie, but it's technically not Wednesday anymore. I don't intend to make this a regular feature; I'm just too tired tonight to string more than a couple of sentences together coherently.