I had an "Oh, shit" moment the other night when I was about 2/3 done with the border and saw that I had dropped a stitch back on the 19th pattern repeat in the body - one of the double decrease stitches, no less. I hadn't lost my stitch count, so I apparently was so tired when I did it that I didn't notice I wasn't actually purling into the stitch and was just making a yarnover, instead. How it managed not to ravel is beyond me, but I am sooooooo glad it didn't.
Ripping back to it was not an option (yes, there was a lifeline - at the 15th pattern repeat), so I took a breath and got out a sharp darning needle, scissors, and a short length of yarn from the outside of the ball, and made a little splice to fix it. If you didn't know where to look, you'd be hard pressed to find it. I actually tried to take a photo of the mistake, but even that was hard to see as a tiny lavender loop against a backdrop of lavender loops. That particular motif is a bit more open than its neighbors, but I think blocking will mitigate that difference nicely.
Okay, off to bed. Must rest up for work tonight.