12 October 2006


Winter is icumen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm,
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,

So 'gainst the winter's balm.
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm,
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.
- Ezra Pound

And thus went most of last night. Before the rains came, it was a fairly busy work night. A major surgery & a couple of critical things came in while the phone was ringing incessantly and several minor cases arrived. Once the rain and wind started in, though, I was able to get through my paperwork and settle down for a bit of knitting.

The wind and the rain steadily increased in intensity through the night. Eventually it turned into an electrical storm, there was a loud clap of thunder, and then....

Well, it was a good thing our backup generator is serviced regularly, because it was kind of difficult to work on this in the dark:


It's round 2 of Sock Wars. I got the color change issues sorted out, and it's been moving along quite well. I had to stop for a bit because my hand's complaining, but we'll see how far I can get before my own socks arrive. Last I heard, they were finished but not mailed.


Sean said...

At least it's not snowing there yet! We've had flurries for two days here in MN. I'm not ready!

Ted said...

We had a few flurries here today, but they're not staying. And yesterday was a rainstorm from hell. And the power was out when a tree fell over and took out lines -- 3000 homes and businesses with no power.

Nice sock.

Chris said...

The suspense! Will you get those socks out before you receive the killing socks of doom??