22 May 2006

In Louisville

Got in last night. Just before I left for the airport, the mail carrier delivered the copy of Barbara Walker's First treasury I had ordered a few weeks ago. In addition to that, I also brought along some Madelyn 2-ply handspun and started a scarf for Dulaan in Old Shale pattern. It was a nice distraction on the plane when I couldn't sleep.

Today was spent schmoozing and catching up with friends a little before people left the alpaca show, then helping David take apart his display. Then a short trip across the border into Indiana to his friend Jennifer's farm. Jennifer owns Alpaca With A Twist yarn company, and David does design consulting for her. We were going more, though, to look at a weanling boy 'paca who's at the farm. I had also wanted to pick up some of the Landscapes yarn. It's not been a very good seller for Jennifer, and I have no idea why. Alpaca, silk, great colors - what's not to love? Anyway, I now have 20 skeins of it to play with.

Home tomorrow afternoon, but first I plan to pick up a bit of bourbon. After all, what else are you going to do in Kentucky?

No comments: